The Dutch Baby recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Blend the batter: Blitz the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a blender for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides, and then blend for another 10 seconds.
Rest the batter: Set aside to rest 20 to 25 minutes.
Heat the pan and oven: Place your 9 to 10-inch pan on the middle rack of the oven and remove any racks above it. Heat the oven to 220°C.
Melt the butter: Remove the pan, add the butter, and swirl the pan to melt and coat the bottom and sides.
Add the batter: Pour the batter on top of the butter. Tilt the pan if needed so that the batter runs evenly to all sides.
Place your pan in the oven. Bake the Dutch baby: Bake until the Dutch Baby is puffed, lightly browned across the top, and darker brown on the sides and edges, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve while hot: You can either serve from the pan or transfer the Dutch Baby to a serving platter. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges and serve with maple syrup or jam.