Picture of the Month
London City Airport photo contest
As part of our marketing rebrand activity we are looking to encourage all staff at London City Airport to dazzle us with their photography skills – and, in turn, be in with a chance to win an amazing prize.
The short of it is that we want you to take an inspired photograph of the airport with your smartphone – one that showcases LCY in a different light, captures familiar situations and places in new ways and says to the world “this is London City Airport everyone loves. Isn’t it amazing?”.
Be as creative as possible. You’ll be surprised at how many photogenic opportunities will start to emerge throughout the airport, whether it’s in waiting areas, the food courts or hallways.
Every month one winner will be picked by a selected judging panel, pocketing £50 in Star Points.
Why we’re doing this
It’s fun, creative and ties in with our rebrand. We want to show a more human side to London City Airport and this is one of the many ways we’re doing just that.
Plus, user-generated content – as we call it – is great for boosting engagement on social media … which is a win for the Marketing Team and London City Airport!
The hashtag is #picofthemonth.
Tips and restrictions
- Use the gridlines on your phone to help achieve balanced compositions (rule of thirds)
- Natural light is always best so avoid using flash where possible
- Filters should be used as a last resort – the more natural a picture, the better
- Avoid taking photos of people and their faces unless you have their permission in writing
- Do not take photographs in prohibited areas, such as security or border area
How to enter
Please submit your photo to the Marketing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
The Promoter of this competition (“Competition”) is London City Airport Limited. Company Number 1963361. Place of Registration England and Wales. Registered office: City Aviation House, Royal Docks, London, E16 2PB. VAT GB 888 1799 45
To enter the Competition, submit your photograph to the Marketing Team at email@example.com.
By submitting your photograph, you:
- confirm that the photograph(s) submitted by you are original, lawful and do not infringe the rights of any third party;
- give permission for the Promoter to use and share your submitted photograph across its digital channels, including social media, website and/or email for marketing and/or other purposes; and
- agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Every month one photograph will be picked by a selected judging panel as the monthly winner. There will be 1 winner a month in total and the prize for each winner is £50 in Star Points.
Please note your personal data will only be used for the purpose of administering the Competition.
What are the Star Points? To read more about Star Points and how to redeem them please click here.
Each monthly winner will be selected on the last working day (that being working days being Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England) of the relevant month.
Each winner will be notified by email within 14 days after the selection date. If a winner does not respond to the notification within 7 days of the date of that notification, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Age may be checked if the entrant wins.
You can enter the Competition with multiple photographs.
__The Competition starts on 1st September 2019 and finishes on 31st December 2019.
Eligibility: Only employees of the Promoter with access to LCY Central and London City Airport email address are permitted to enter the Competition.
An entry will be void if it is deemed (in the Promoter's sole discretion) to have been made by an ineligible person or to be incomplete/offensive or illegible. The Promoter may require such information as it considers necessary or desirable for the purposes of verifying eligibility or the validity of any entry and any prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
The Promoter reserves the right to moderate entries and reserves the right to remove entries at its discretion that are deemed offensive, obscene or inappropriate.
The Promoter reserves the right at any time without any liability whatsoever, to modify or discontinue this Competition or to amend these terms & Conditions, with or without prior notice.
The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of similar value to the winner. The prize is non-transferable. There is no cash alternative.
Any entries submitted which do not comply with these terms and conditions, including the following restrictions, will be void:
- photographs must be original, lawful and not infringe the rights of any third party;
- photographs should not include the faces or identities of individuals;
- photographs should not be taken on prohibited areas (for example, airport security or border control areas)
Any entries submitted which do not comply with these terms and conditions and the Competition rules, will be void.
This Prize Draw and these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Each entrant irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Prize Draw or these terms and conditions.
No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for any lost or delayed entries or network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind that may delay or restrict entry into the Competition.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes liability for any losses, damages or claims incurred by any person in connection with the Prize Draw or receipt or use of any prize. Nothing in these rules shall affect your statutory rights.