Security and Baggage
Together, we've got it covered.
Prepare for a fast and smooth Security check
When you reach London City Airport’s Security area, an officer will check your hand baggage and clothing to see whether you have any dangerous or banned goods with you. Security can take longer if you have a lot of bags with you, so please put any items you don’t need during your journey into your check-in bags.
Please leave everything in your bag
Thanks to the new CT scanners at London City Airport, you can leave liquids and electronics in your hand baggage at the security check.
Security checklist for travellers
Please follow the instructions on video screens to go through Security as smoothly and speedily as possible:
- You are no longer required to take liquids, laptops, tablets, or other electronic devices out of your hand baggage.
- Only liquids and gels in containers of up to 2 litres are allowed in your hand luggage.
- Please note only one cigarette lighter is allowed per person.
- Be sure to declare any camera film to the Security Officer before it enters the CT scanner.
- Always follow the Security officer’s instructions.
Security at the airport isn’t just about screening your bags, find out how we work with The Metropolitan Police and Project Servator.
Baggage rules vary between airlines and the type of ticket purchased. You are advised to check baggage rules with your airline before arriving at London City Airport.
Click here for airline contact details.
Thank you for your cooperation. We wish you a safe and pleasant journey.
Popular items that are carried in cabin baggage over the festive season. N.B. This list is not exhaustive
|Personal Items||Allowed in hand baggage?||Allowed in hold baggage?|
|Mince Meat for Christmas pies (over 100ml)||NO||YES|
|Christmas Pudding (liquid based over 100ml)||NO||YES|
|Brandy Butter (over 100ml)||NO||YES|
|Goose Fat (over 100ml)||NO||YES|
|Cranberry Sauce (over 100ml)||NO||YES|
|Pate (Over 100ml)||NO||YES|
|Clotted Cheese (over 100ml)||NO||YES|
|Mulled Wine (over 100ml)||NO||YES|
|Snow Globe (small)||YES||YES|
|Snow Globe (large)||NO||YES|
|Crackers||NO||See notes below*|
British Airways allow Christmas Crackers to be checked in providing they meet the following restrictions; maximum two boxes per person, the crackers must be commercially manufactured, the crackers must be for personal use only and homemade crackers are not permitted.
- Lufthansa, Luxair and Swiss Airlines do not permit Christmas crackers within hold luggage and hand luggage.