Security and Baggage
Together, we've got it covered.
Prepare for a fast and smooth Security check
When you reach London City Airport’s Security area, an officer will check your hand baggage and clothing to see whether you have any dangerous or banned goods with you. Security can take longer if you have a lot of bags with you, so please put any items you don’t need during your journey into your check-in bags.
Please leave everything in your bag
Thanks to the new CT scanners at London City Airport, you can leave liquids and electronics in your hand baggage at the security check.
Security checklist for travellers
Please follow the instructions on video screens to go through Security as smoothly and speedily as possible:
- You are no longer required to take liquids, laptops, tablets, or other electronic devices out of your hand baggage.
- Only liquids and gels in containers of up to 2 litres are allowed in your hand luggage.
- Please note only one cigarette lighter is allowed per person.
- Be sure to declare any camera film to the Security Officer before it enters the CT scanner.
- Always follow the Security officer’s instructions.
Security at the airport isn’t just about screening your bags, find out how we work with The Metropolitan Police and Project Servator.
Baggage rules vary between airlines and the type of ticket purchased. You are advised to check baggage rules with your airline before arriving at London City Airport.
Click here for airline contact details.
Thank you for your cooperation. We wish you a safe and pleasant journey.
Items from Another Airport
All duty free liquids aerosols and gels purchased within any airport or on board an aircraft as part of an earlier flight may now be carried as hand baggage.
These items are required to be sealed inside a security tamper-evident bag at the time of purchase with the receipt for proof of purchase inside the bag.