Join London City Airport’s Smartphone Amnesty
Are you flying from London City Airport between 13th August and 27th August and in need of a digital detox?
Keep up to date with the latest news
According to Ofcom’s latest figures, 78% of UK adults own a smartphone with the average user checking it once every 12 minutes during their waking hours.
We want to help our leisure passengers truly step back from digital distraction on holiday, enjoy their precious downtime to the fullest, and reclaim those quality moments with friends and family.
Register below for the opportunity to receive a Light Phone. The Light Phone only enables phone calls to be made and received, with the option to save just nine phone numbers on speed dial. Its manufacturers say the Light Phone is “designed to be used as little as possible”.
We’ll give you an EE Pay As You Go SIM card, pre-loaded with a month of unlimited minutes and EU roaming. If your smartphone has a call forwarding function or an existing EE SIM, then you can keep the same number, so you won’t miss important calls.
In return for your Light Phone, the Airport requests that passengers switch off their smartphones for a minimum of 48 hours and turn your attention to the business of relaxing.
Join the #SmartphoneAmnesty
To be eligible to register for a Light Phone, you must be:
- A passenger booked to travel to one of London City Airport’s 44 destinations (comprising 7 destinations in the U.K., 36 in the E.U. and 1 in the U.S.A) with no onward travel outside the EU or USA.
- Booked to depart from London City Airport between Monday 13th August and Monday 27th August.
- Able to arrive 2 hours before scheduled flight departure time to ensure the Light Phone can be provided and registered – or - provide a postal address at least 48 hours before departure for the phone to be sent by Royal Mail delivery.
Other Terms & Conditions
- The Light Phones are limited and will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis. Registering interest does not guarantee a Light Phone.
- Each Light Phone will be provided with an EE Pay As You Go SIM card which will be pre-paid by London City Airport and valid for 1 month, with unlimited minutes. Premium numbers will be blocked. Only standard rate calls within the EU are pre-paid.
- Passengers travelling to the United States on the New York JFK service will be provided with a US SIM card which they will be responsible for topping up.
- There will be at least 40 winners in total: each prize is for a Light Phone and a SIM card. Winners will be selected on a rolling, first-come-first-served basis.
- The draw begins at Friday 10th August at 00.01 and will run until 22:30 on Monday 27th August. To enter, please visit www.londoncityairport.com/smartphoneamnesty
- Entrants must be resident in the UK (excluding Isle of Man & Channels Islands) and 18 years of age or older.
- By entering the draw for a Light Phone, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is London City Airport Limited, registered in England and Wales number 01963361. Registered office: City Aviation House, Royal Docks, London, E16 2PB.
- Only 1 entry allowed per person, no bulk entries, entries from agents, third parties, organized group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- Those who are successful will be notified by email. If a winner does not respond within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Promoter’s decisions regarding all promotional matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The following are not eligible to participate: (i) employees and immediate family members of employees of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, agents and advisors and (ii) any other persons assisting with this prize draw.
- An entry will be void if it is deemed (in the Promoter's sole discretion) to have been made by an ineligible person or to be incomplete/offensive or illegible. The Promoter may require such information as it considers necessary or desirable for the purposes of verifying eligibility or the validity of any entry and any prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- The Promoter reserves the right to moderate entries and reserves the right to remove entries at its discretion that are deemed offensive, obscene or inappropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time without any liability whatsoever, to modify or discontinue this prize draw, with or without prior notice where it is required to do so for reasons beyond its control.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of similar value to the winner. The prize is non-transferable. There is no cash alternative.
- This prize draw and these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Each entrant irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this prize draw or these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility is accepted for any lost or delayed entries or network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind that may delay or restrict entry into the competition.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes liability for any losses, damages or claims incurred by any person in connection with the prize draw or receipt or misuse of any prize. Nothing in these rules shall affect your statutory rights.