Guidance on travel to and from the UK

For full information about entering or departing the UK, please visit the UK government website.

Travelling to the UK with a valid document

From 1st October 2021

  • Most EU, EEA and Swiss citizens need a valid passport to travel to the UK or may be refused entry

  • National ID cards are no longer accepted as a valid travel document to enter the UK

  • EU, EEA and Swiss citizens may use national ID cards to enter the UK until 2025 if

    • they have pre-settled and settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme

    • they have made a valid application under the scheme which is still pending

    • their rights are protected under the Citizen's Rights Agreement (such as Frontier workers)

Read more about visiting the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen.


Sign up to make your next trip unforgettable

  • Exclusive retail discounts

  • Great parking prices

  • Unbeatable flight offers

Site by effect digital