There are a number of ways you can check-in at the airport – and you can do it online too.
There are three ways to check-in at London City Airport, all of which become available two hours before your scheduled departure time. There are both check-in desks and self-service kiosks in the main Terminal building on the ground floor, or you can use the online check-in facility on your airline's website.
If you want to check-in at the airport, be advised that desks open two hours before your scheduled departure time. You can’t check-in before this time.
We advise all passengers to confirm the latest check-in times with their airline.
- Passangers of all the LCY airlines can use the self-services machines outside the airport entrance next to the London City Airport Docklands Light Railway station.
- LOT Polish Airlines passengers can also get their bag tag from these machines.
Self-service Check-In and bag drop
- Aer Lingus, Flybe, Lufthansa, Swiss and TAP can use our Express Bag Drop area located in the middle of the main Terminal building
- British Airways has their own self-service bag tag area just after the Main terminal building entrance on the right.
- After tagging the bag, passengers can proceed to the bag drop at one of the dedicated bag drop desks.
- The whole process it usually takes less than 60 seconds.
Most of our airlines now offer an online check-in service, so you can save time by doing it at home and bringing your printed boarding pass with you on departure day. Some airlines offer also mobile boarding using your mobile phone. Click here to visit your airline’s online check-in page.
Checking-In your ski equipment
Different airlines have different guidelines for checking-in larger items like ski kit:
Alitalia advises all passengers travelling with sports equipment to contact its call centre to arrange the booking and check-in procedure. Within the UK 08714 24 14 24 From outside the UK +39 06 2222