Getting to London City Airport
Being located in the heart of the city means we're very easy to reach.
And with multiple transport connections right on our doorstep, we're easy to find wherever you're coming from - or heading to.
Travelling to or from the airport
Given the disruption caused by coronavirus, we recommend all passengers check the status and schedule for their preferred mode of transport before they set off.
Transport for London’s Journey Planner is a useful resource.
- When travelling to the airport, you can help reduce the risk of transmission and travel safely by:
- Avoiding the busiest times and routes
- Keeping distance from other people, 2 meters apart where possible
- Washing or sanitising their hands regularly
- Using PPE, including a face covering and gloves
If you arrive from overseas and plan to use public transport, pick up a Visitor Oyster card, which you can buy online or in stations across London, just remember to top it up! If you prefer, you can use contactless and Apple Pay at most stations around London.
Arriving by road?
London City Airport is within the Ultra Low Emissions Zone so you may need to pay the ULEZ charge.
Getting to and from the Airport
By public transport
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR). There is a lift available from DLR platforms to the Terminal building
- Buses. Step-free wheelchair access is available on the buses serving the airport
- Black taxis, chauffeur cars and mini cabs. Black taxis with built-in wheelchair access are available just next to the airport entrance, or you can arrange mini cabs or chauffeur cars in advance online.
Visit Transport for London for more information on accessible public transport in the capital.
London City Airport offers 30 minutes of free parking to Blue Badge holders, please follow signs to the Pick Up Area. If you are being dropped off by car, a convenient place to do so is is the Drop Off Area in front of the Terminal building.
Passenger Pick up, Long Stay car park and Car hire
Our Drop off, Pick up, Long Stay parking and Car hire are accessible from the west via Connaught Bridge and east via Redgrave Bridge/Albert Road.
For more information on parking at the airport, please click here