If you need any extra support to use the airport, we can help
Find out about services and facilities for people with disabilities or special needs including how to obtain a sunflower lanyard.
If you need assistance while you're here, our trained team can help at every stage of the journey:
- Getting to and from points of onward travel: taxi, car park, DLR or other public transport
- Arrival at the airport before a flight: car park, drop-off area and Departures
- Check-in and security screening procedures
- Getting to the waiting lounge and departure gate
- Baggage retrieval
- Boarding and getting off the plane
- Customs and immigration procedures
- Getting to connecting flights when in transit, including help before and after Security
All our London City Airport staff who assist passengers, receive relevant training, in line with EU legislation. This includes disability awareness, disability equality and first-aid training, with annual refresher courses.
How to arrange airport assistance
Please tell your airline, tour operator or travel agent what kind of help you'll need. You can do this when you book your flight, or up to 48 hours before you travel.
If you can't book assistance before you get here, please go to the Information Desk in the terminal - our staff are always ready to help.
For more information on Special Assistance at London City Airport, please call +44 (0)20 7646 0000.
Airline Special Assistance