The Future of London City Airport
Our £480m airport development programme is underway.
We’re transforming London’s most central airport to make the passenger experience even better and create an airport for the future that serves everyone.
- More space
- World-class facilities
- New destinations
A continued fast, convenient and friendly service for all passengers
The programme is being delivered alongside our delivery partner Bechtel and will see 8 new aircraft stands, equivalent to the size of 11 football pitches, being built, the creation of the UK’s first Digital Air Traffic Control Tower, a full length parallel taxiway and the easterly and westerly extensions of the terminal, quadrupling its size.
Throughout, the airport will use the latest energy technology and construction techniques to achieve a BREEAM very good rating.
LCY’s growth will also create even more opportunities for our local communities, including more jobs, more school engagement, more investment and contracts across our supply chain.
Want to know more?
If you have questions about the project, or would like to subscribe to a quarterly newsletter, please email email@example.com
Below is an indicative timeline of key development programme milestones:
- Enabling works (25/10/17 - 17/3/18)
- Digital Air Traffic Control Tower works 12/17 - 12/18)
- Forecourt reconfiguration (4/18 - 8/18)
- Piling and decking (6/18 - 2/20)
- West Terminal Extension (Q4 2018 - Q2 2020)
- 8 new stands (Q1 2019 - Q4 2020)
- East Pier Phase 1 (Q3 2019 - Q3 2020)
- East Pier Phase 2 (Q4 2019 - Q4 2020)
- East Terminal Extension Phase 1 (Q2 2019 - Q3 2022)
Changes to the airports forecourt operation, including taxi pick up and drop off, commenced on April 21st. More information can be found in the file here.